Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Car trouble...

Who wants to hear a funny story? Well, not haha funny...just...some other kind of funny. Anyway, last night my papaw came down to listen to my Sentra. He can tell what is wrong with a car just by listening to it, so he came down to see what he could do with it. (It wasn't starting.) Michael and I had taken the battery to AutoZone like a week before, and they said the battery was fine and that it sounded like a problem with the starter. So I told him that, and he sat down to start it and was like "No, that's not the starter." So he kept playing with it for like 20-30 minutes.

Well, he figured out the problem and got it started. Not only did he get it started, but we actually drove it around the neighborhood. (It was actually my first time driving it because it died before I ever had the chance before.) So we drove it around, and he said that moisture had built up in it because it hadn't been started in like a month. He told me to start it once a week if I wasn't going to drive it, and that was that. Well, then we got back home, and turned the car off and everything, and he said, "Now, let's start it up again and make sure everything's okay." Okay, so this time it would not start. It just made a clicking sound, and he said, "Now THAT'S the starter." He was looking under the hood, and then he just started laughing and was like "that's wild." So he thought that maybe he had just overheated the starter. He told me to try it again in the morning after it had time to cool down. So I tried this morning, and it still doesn't start. LOL So now the starter is messed up. Apparently it wasn't before, but now it is. Is that not crazy?

Anyway, I hope my dad will pay for it. Michael is, of course, loving the fact that the automatic car that everyone said I had to have because the 5-speed he got me wasn't good enough and wasn't reliable already has a problem. By the way, the Saturn still runs great. Not a thing wrong with it. That right there shows you that you don't have to spend $2600 on a car to get a good one...my Saturn only cost $200, well around $250 if you count the parts (new spark plugs, new brake pads, new belt, new hoses, etc.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home